Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rebels Picked to Host Regional, Potential Super

According to Baseball America via ESPN, The Diamond Rebs will once again host a regional and will be the nations 7th seed in the postseason. The predicted regional will see the Rebels play against the Hilltoppers, the Gamecocks (Jr.), and The MUSTARD Buzzerdz!

I'm sure that once Brian Walker's Elbow or One Man to Beat decide to get off of their asses, they'll give you some more in-depth baseball analysis. That's just not my thing.

"Wait, you don't like baseball?"

No, I never said that. It's just not my thing to blog. I make fun of people, write snarky letters on behalf of our defensive linemen, draw goofy pictures, etc. I'm a real renaissance man, but Baseball coverage just isn't in that repertoire.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like a nattering nabob of negativism, it would be so "We are Ole Miss" if this season proved to be the first in a long drought of hosting Regionals now that we've upgraded and expanded OU Stadium into a college baseball palace.

On the bright side, this probably won't happen. The CWS Tourney certainly seems to love our ass. We'd have to truly suck not to host.

Juco All-American said...

Don't you mean second in a long drought?

But no. We're going to host a regional. We may not host a super, but we will host a regional.

Anonymous said...

Shit. I forgot we went to Miami last year. We definitely need to do something this year. If you ask me, the curses set forth upon the basketball team are enough to give us a pass on both football and baseball.

Mr. Goober said...

Wait, when I decide to what? Get off my ass?

I'm blogging basketball too, you jackass. You know, that sport that is actually in season.

We're currently in a strategic planning mode for providing the best baseball coverage in the southeast as our loyal readers deserve.

I want a raise.

Bob said...

YOU'LL GET YOUR MONEY DAMMIT!

Anonymous said...

I thought Bryan Walker's Elbow was akin to Squawk 'Em Hawk 'Em. Second cousin to Harvey to the Rabbit.

Luke said...

Don't forget how you love to refuse people their cotton bowl memorabilia. Add that to your repertoire you thief.

Bob said...

Luke,

It's not our fault, we swear it. We haven't gotten it from AT&T yet.

Luke said...

Impossible. AT&T is known for their superb customer service. I bet this is all because I refused to send those naked pictures of myself that you guys demanded. bunch of sickos.

Juco All-American said...

The AT&T thing is crazy right now. Trust me though. You'll get it. It just may be two or three weeks from now.