Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SI Ranks Houston Nutt as the Conference's 4th Best Coach

No, I'm not kidding. Click here. Yessir, Rebel fans, Tom Deinhart of Sports Illustrated (via Rivals.com) thinks Houston Nutt is somewhere between Steve Spurrier and Mark Richt in terms of coaching. So this means that Houston Nutt is a better coach than Les Miles and Bobby "our coach who art in Heaven" Petrino... wow.

Tom, you made a foolish mistake with this one. No, I'm not going to disagree with your rankings or anything. I like the good press.

The foolish mistake was putting your email address at the bottom of your piece. At the time of me discovering it, your rankings were approximately one hour old. By my estimations, you should have somewhere between 6 and 7 thousand emails by now; many from the same Fayetteville public library IP address. May God/Allah/Yaweh have mercy on your soul.

3 comments:

Hunter said...

I hate State just as much as the next guy but I don't think I could honestly put Dan "The Man" Mullen behind Gene Chizik. Neither have coached a game in the SEC and Mullen at least got to taste a BCS title. Someone validate that ranking for me, so I can take Nutt's ranking and the rest of the article seriously; Lord knows I want to.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can think of is that Chizik does have HC experience. I know, I'm reaching.

ColRebsLastBreath said...

Just for the sake of argument, Chizik does have an undefeated season in the SEC(Auburn) and a BCS championship(Texas). He would be the head coach in waiting at Texas right now had he not taken the Iowa State job. The undefeated SEC season is something that Dan "the Man" Mullen doesn't have, though I'm not sure if he was with Meyer when he went undefeated @ Utah.